Family violence leaves genetic imprint on children by Wenchen

Link to article

Summary:
Family violence, suicide and incarceration leaves genetic scars on children. Children that are exposed to such things tend to have shorter telomeres, which may trigger diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and mental illness. The impact of such things are also affected by gender as girls are more likely to have shortened telomeres.


Opinions:
In my opinion, I feel that family violence and exaggerations will leave both emotional and genetic scars on children, which will certainly ruin their bright future. I think that the family members should control their emotions to prevent leaving the emotional and genetic scars on children. If I were to be a parent, I will not perform anything violent in front of my children.